Daily Art Practice: Visual Painting Journal – Final Pages
I did it! During 2019 I set a goal of painting in my visual journal every day. I sometimes fell behind if I was out of town, other times I took my paints and journal along with me and kept up. I fell waaaayyy behind in mid December and it took me until mid February to get completely caught up, but family medical emergencies are never convenient.
I filled 6-1/2 visual journals (I wrote about my process and the type of journals I used here) and created 366 pages of paintings (I accidentally painted two pages for the same day). Throughout the year I did blog posts sharing about my project and posting photos of my favorite pages; now I want to share some final photos of favorite pages created since my last post in early November.
It was a great year. Some of my takeaways:
- I challenged myself to get into my studio every day.
- I experimented with new ideas.
- I pushed myself to use different colors and compositions.
- I explored using a bigger vocabulary of marks and lines.
- I challenged myself to be bold and at times audacious.
- I had fun, which helped me paint loose.
And now I’m doing something different for 2020. . . . . . .